Ceramic Material TORAYCERAM™
Supported by research and development strengths built up over many years in the synthetic fiber and plastic fields, Toray is always at the forefront as a pioneer, continuing to challenge new material fields. One success borne of the extensive material development technology in which Toray takes pride is the high-performance ceramic, TORAYCERAM™.
Starting from developing fusion technology for zirconia powder, we have continued on to mass production of zirconia powder, and to development/marketing of beads for crushing/dispersion. These ceramics handled by Toray are generally referred to as TORAYCERAM™.
- High Purity
- Extremely low possibility of contamination by impurities that would affect the characteristics of the substance being dispersed, such as Fe2O3, SiO2, and MgO
- High Strength
- The strength of zirconia ceramic with stable tetragonal crystals is high, and the danger of breakage/chipping is extremely low
- High Precision
- The mixture of deformed beads, such as those with elliptical/dumbbell shapes, is extremely low, increasing the crushing/dispersion efficiency
- High Density
- The highest specific gravity (over 6.00) of ceramics, making it excellent for crushing/dispersion
- Not easily eroded, so contamination of the material being crushed or dispersed by the beads can be minimized
- High Toughness
- Has the highest industry level of toughness, with a fracture toughness of over twice that of alumina
- High Erosion Resistance
- The surface is smooth and has excellent resistance to erosion, providing stability and efficiency in production